Write for us!
We’re coming up to the deadline for the VL 2,000,000th view writing competition, all details to be seen here.
Reasons why writing for VL is life-enhancing and good for the mind:
- you can publish the passionate feelings that certain books inspire
- you can – really, truly – become a better writer, because you’re practicing in public
- you can ask for review copies from eager publishers to be sent to your door
- you always have the right not to review a book you’ve been sent, because while we’re happy to rant about writers who ought to know and do better, we don’t operate by murdering the hopes of authors who are just beginning
- if you’re in the right place and time (usually London, sadly), you can accept the VL invitations go to book launches, and mingle with the blogworld’s mighty at bookish events
- you can have the joy of pulling a book out of nowhere and trumpeting its fabulousness to the world, when no-one else has even noticed it
- you can throw in your two pennies’ worth on the book that ‘everyone’ (ie the national media) is talking about, and that’s even more satisfying when you don’t agree and have the arguments to prove it
- and you might get your name and an extract from your review printed in publishing publicity (it’s happened to me twice).
Go on. Write us a review. Send it in. Do it over the weekend and give our inbox a shock on Monday.